In the mountains of northern Syria, the summer fruits ripened in the orchards. Farmers collected their crops, walking between olive groves, tomato patches and lush trees with a plum-like fruit they call 'mish mish.' It was a scene of serenity when I arrived over a week ago, surprising given the news that has streamed constantly out of Syria for the past year.
Johann BrandstätterPhotojournalist and travel photographer based in Bulgaria, available for assignments.
- Mars Exploration Program: Interactive: Billion-Pixel View of Mars from Curiosity Rover shar.es/x69KZ via @sharethis 6 hours ago
- UPDATE - Video: Canon EOS M Firmware Version 2.0 In Action (Yes, AF Is FASTER!!) - canonwatch.com/canon-eos-m-fi… canonwatch.com/canon-eos-m-fi… 9 hours ago
- Canon EOS-1D C and EOS-1D X Product Advisories (AF not locking, blurry image in viewfinder) - canonwatch.com/canon-eos-1d-c… canonwatch.com/canon-eos-1d-c… 1 day ago
- Türkei: Erdogan-Anhänger attackieren Demonstranten « DiePresse.com diepresse.com/home/politik/a… via @DiePressecom 2 days ago
- New Sigma 18-35mm lens test: sonyalpharumors.com/new-sigma-18-3… 2 days ago